Karla's Reviews > Thoughtless

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

Nov 22, 2011

bookshelves: bad-boy, emotional, harsh, passionate, pain, sensual, sizzling-romance, tear-jerker, teeth-clenching, angst-filled, love-triangle, hurtful
Recommended to Karla by: Splage
Read from November 22 to 24, 2011

4 1/2 stars!! Wow, this one really drained me and I had a hard time writing a review.

My emotions were all over the place, up, down, angry, happy, sad, annoyed, elated, I was totally absorbed in the crazy life of these characters. It was torturous at times, a total train wreck, and I loved it. The source of most of my annoyance came from Kiera, who’s torn by the sexual attraction she has for one man, and the love and devotion she has for another. When she’s with Kellan,*swoon, sigh*, their heated stolen moments are sensual, erotic, breath taking and that’s pretty amazing, because most of them don’t involve sex, just some really good writing. PHEW! *shiver*. Denny, Kiera’s boyfriend was sweet, attentive, loving, and unaware of what was happening under his nose, or was he? Very frustrating. It all builds to a head with a dramatic ending, and some major hand-wringing on my part.

Great writing, but the story was a tad too long, angst started to turn into disgust, a fine line that might lose some readers. I stuck it out and I’m glad I did. The story wraps up nicely with a conclusive ending, but for readers who can’t get enough of these characters, Effortless brings us back into their lives. Bring it on, I am so there!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thoughtless.

Quotes Karla Liked

S.C. Stephens
“Dude, he's Australian...not a pirate.”
S.C. Stephens, Thoughtless

S.C. Stephens
“What if I don’t choose you, Kellan? What will you do?”
He looked away, a tear rolling down his cheek. “I’ll leave, Kiera. I’ll leave, and you and Denny can have your happily ever after.” He looked back at me. “You wouldn’t even need to tell him about me. Eventually, the two of you…” his voice broke and another tear fell on his cheek, “the two of you would get married, and have children, and have a great life.”
I fought back a sob. “And you? What happens to you in that scenario?”
“I…get by. And I miss you, every day,” he whispered.”
S.C. Stephens, Thoughtless

11/22/2011
19.0% "Wow...it's getting a little hot in the living room. Kellan is so...sexual! Keira's word, not mine, but it fits him perfectly!"
11/22/2011
24.0% "OMG...I just had the life sucked of me!"
34.0% "*Crack* My heart is breaking for ALL of them." 3 comments
11/23/2011
42.0% "Kellan is soooo bad, but he's soooo good at it! ote to Kiera...it's not flirting, it's FOREPLAY...wake up!!" 10 comments
11/23/2011
51.0% "OMG...Kiera'a like a deer caught in the headlights when it comes to Kellen. He touches her, looks at her, paralysis sets in, her brain locks up, and she gets STUPID. "I want you to want me"...oh Denny *sob*" 1 comment
58.0% "I want to punch Kiera in the face!!" 2 comments
11/24/2011
71.0% "Really Kiera?!?! Keep stringing them along...I hope you end up ALONE!!"
11/24/2011
81.0% "Oh what a tangled web you've woven Kiera! I'm thinkin' a menage might be the answer to your problem. Nah...you don't deserve either of them!!!"
11/24/2011
84.0% "I have to peel potatoes, but I CAN'T STOP READING!!"

Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~ Any book that impedes potato peeling is definitely worth putting on my TBR pile!!!

Karla Denise wrote: "Any book that impedes potato peeling is definitely worth putting on my TBR pile!!!"

LOL! The potatoes are still waiting...only a few more pages!

message 3: by Kristen (last edited Nov 24, 2011 10:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristen Karla. I feel exactly the same way! I was very happy with how the book ended. But I feel drained and like I could sleep the day away. I'm glad I read this book with you. I ended up liking it a lot!

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so blessed to have you in my life!

Karla Have a wonderful day Kristen. I hope your day is filled with laughter and love...and lots of tasty treats. I'm thankful we found each other.

We are so going to discuss this book!! I'm shocked that you tolerated Kiera as well as you did, we'll talk!

Enjoy!

Splage Love it, great review.

Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~ Great review. This just moved up on my TBR pile :-)

Karla Splage wrote: "Love it, great review."

I almost missed Thanksgiving dinner because of this book. Lol! Thanks Splage for testing the waters on this one and bringing this story to my attention. I, like you, love that over the top angst-filled story line. For some reason, I like holding my breath, pulling my hair out and yelling at my Kindle! Kal was getting upset. I'm get telling him, it's not you it's me, sort of theme of the book, right?! The author could really write a sensual scene, even if it only involved Kellan stealing a glance at Kiera...I felt like he was staring at me. If only!!

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Karla Denise wrote: "Great review. This just moved up on my TBR pile :-)"
Thanks Denise! I'm not going to kid you, this is a roller coaster of emotions. Almost too much on and off again between the characters, but I loved it. It's not for everyone, but I hope when you get the chance to read it you will too!

Kristen Fabulous review, Karla. You wrote the perfect review for this story. I agree with everything you said. In fact, for my review, I may just link your review and say, "Karla took the words right out of my mouth (except loving lots of angst. Lol), here's the link, read her review." Lol.

Honestly, the thought of writing a review for this book exhausts me. It will be a few days before I begin. I also think I'm going to read Do Over next. I want a feel good story and that one seems the perfect read after Thoughtless.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Mine was great. Ate too much turkey and pie, and wouldn't allow myself to feel guilty for over indulging. :D

Karla Thanks Kristen. I really had a tough time with this one. You don't have to write a review, you can just say you felt the same as me, or just leave it as a star only rating. No biggie, I know you liked it and I'm still in shock!! Although, you did like Beautiful Disaster and I can see some similarities.

Do Over is great...definitely a feel good story.

I had a great time yesterday. It was a small gathering, just 4 of us, but lots of laughs, and great food. I'm glad you had a good time too!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter @Karla: great review!

@Kristen: Do Over is a very sweet and feel good story. I think you'll enjoy it.

Kristen Karla, glad to hear your Thankgiving was full of laughs and loved ones. I think I'll just write a quick and short review for Thoughtless and call it good. I'm almost done writing my review for Sinful (I've had a hard time writing that one) and then I plan to write my reviews for Dancing on Coals and Stangers (that one should be interesting! Lol.) Hopefully, I'll get caught up on all my "to review" books this weekend. They may not be long but I hope they they convey my thoughts and feelings.

Baba, I'm counting on Do Over putting a smile on my face and joy in my heart. I know you and Karla loved it. I'm so excited to read it. I need it after Thoughtless.

Karla Baba wrote: "@Karla: great review!

@Kristen: Do Over is a very sweet and feel good story. I think you'll enjoy it."

Thanks Baba!

Taryn Is Kiera going to get caught soon? She just cheated on Denny again, for the second time.

Karla Do you really want to know??? I will email you then.

Taryn Honestly? Yes, only because I need something to look forward to. I like this book a lot but your review is spot on. It's starting to disgut me.

Taryn I'm at the part where they are all at the club and Anna is visiting...they're all drinking tequila.

Taryn Karla, I wanted to let you know I got your message but it's hard to respond to a message through my phone so I will do it tomorrow when it get home. It's much easier to respond to a comment though. So Thank you!! I read the excerpt for thew second book....I am so confused with who she ends up with...

Karla Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Karla, I wanted to let you know I got your message but it's hard to respond to a message through my phone so I will do it tomorrow when it get home. It's much easier to respond to a comment though...."
I just didn't want to give away the story here, that's why I emailed you. Stick it out the ending is good, I know it's long, but Kellan is worth it.

Taryn Completely understandable about not wanting to give it away here. I will read it until the end but I may need a break to read the second one though. Don't get me wrong, I do like it a lot but it's just so drawn out it's getting painful to read. But I like it. Ugh. I'm totally contradicting myself.

Karla Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Completely understandable about not wanting to give it away here. I will read it until the end but I may need a break to read the second one though. Don't get me wrong, I do like it a lot but it's ..."
Honestly, you don't even have to read the second one. This one wraps up nice enough.

Taryn Good to know.

Elizabeth (Liz) Soooo........I started to read a number of reviews for this book, and I think I'm now confused! LOL!! I have this on my wishlist, categorized as YA. Because I totally thought that's what it was. I read the kindle sample a bit ago, and STILL it felt like YA. Yet, quite a few reviews I've read have stated specifically that this isn't YA. Instead, it's supposedly adult-themed erotica/romantica. Uhhhh....what? I honestly don't care either way, but I had it completely in my head that this is a young adult explicit-sex-free story. As I said, the sample I read didn't change my opinion on that at all. I'm just thoroughly confused and wondered which category is correct. I have to know things like that before I read;) Karla? Help?

Taryn No way in hell is this erotica/romantica!

Taryn This is definitely YA, but has more sex then a YA book but not enough to be considered adult...does that make sense?

Karla Elizabeth wrote: "Soooo........I started to read a number of reviews for this book, and I think I'm now confused! LOL!! I have this on my wishlist, categorized as YA. Because I totally thought that's what it was...."

NOOOOO...I would not classify this as YA. There is sex, steamy sultry Kellan sex! I wouldn't say it's erotica, but it's definitely a sensual read, for sure!

Taryn KARLA! This is classified as YA! Maybe not in your mind because you're obsessed with Kellan but in the authors mind it is! LOLOL

Taryn Steamy sultry sex, really? Kellan sure worked his magic over you! LOL

Karla Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "KARLA! This is classified as YA! Maybe not in your mind because you're obsessed with Kellan but in the authors mind it is! LOLOL"

You're right, I'm in love with Kellan!! I still would not classify this as YA, even though the author does.

Karla Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Steamy sultry sex, really? Kellan sure worked his magic over you! LOL"

Yes, he's a magical guy. I would love to see his bag of tricks. Lol. I thought it was a very sensual book.

Taryn I wouldn't classify this as YA either. I would kill my 17 year old daughter if she read this! Good thing I don't have a daughter...

Elizabeth (Liz) Okaaaaaay...........gotcha! I think?! LOL!!! So, it's a sexy YA. That's what I'm thinkin';-) Thanks ladies!!

Elizabeth (Liz) Too, I think I should just stick with reviews by peeps I know on here and stop wandering so far afield. LOL!! I lost my way *hangs head*. I have now returned to the fold:)

Karla Elizabeth wrote: "Too, I think I should just stick with reviews by peeps I know on here and stop wandering so far afield. LOL!! I lost my way *hangs head*. I have now returned to the fold:)"

It's okay to explore, just make sure you find your way home!

Jennifer Ooh sounds like a good book

Karla Jennifer wrote: "Ooh sounds like a good book"

It is Jenn, but very draining!

message 38: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah I just finished this book just now and drained is the perfect word for it. I loved the story but how kiera was was driving me insane how she was.

Karla Leah wrote: "I just finished this book just now and drained is the perfect word for it. I loved the story but how kiera was was driving me insane how she was."

I agree, it got to be too much sometimes Leah, but overall I enjoyed the book...Kiera not so much.