Joanna's Reviews > Dark Kiss of the Reaper

Dark Kiss of the Reaper by Kristen Painter

Jan 31, 12

Read in January, 2012 — I own a copy

I bought this book after reading the first book Painter's other series, Blood Rights. I likes that book so much that I took a chance on this one. I wanted to like it, but the more I read the more I found myself rolling my eyes more than anything else.

I can't say I'm a romance buff, I've read some books in the genre here and there and generally rate them 3 - 4 stars. If I could I would have given this one 2.5.

All the elemants were there for a good story, but it felt shallow...underdeveloped at times.

Here we have this ancient being and he falls in love in a day? Granted the general cookie cutter mold of romance novels is girl meets boy, instant attraction, followed by unyielding love and desire. This had the unbelievable premise of love at first sight, than marriage? with the snap of a finger mind you. This also felt more like a YA than anything else. No racy sex scenes to keep you going. There was all this build up towards it and then instead of fireworks...you get a fizzle.

Good twist at the end, but that's about it. Thankfully this wasn't the first book of hers I read or I might not have continued reading any others.

...and the cover? A man with itty bitty cherub wings? What's sexy about that? Cheesy is more like it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Kiss of the Reaper.