Abbie's Reviews > Over the Edge

Over the Edge by Mary Connealy

Aug 06, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, the-kincaid-brides, mary-connealy, christian-historical-fiction, christian-romance, blog-reviewed
Read from July 31 to August 01, 2012

Callie has been looking for her husband ever since he abandoned her. She heads to Colorado and finds herself in the middle of a shoot out. Seth shows up to help and she is mighty tempted to shoot him as well! Seth does not remember Callie but he sure wants to. He can’t remember when or where but he finds himself with a family. Now he wants to desperately dig his way out of his crazy ways and be the husband Callie wants but can she let go of the fact he left her and except the love he offers?

Mary Connealy does it again! Book three in the Kincaid Brides series ends this series with style. I have been looking forward to Seth's story way back when we meet him in book one. I was not disappointed!

What I liked: This book was awesome I read it in less then 24hrs! I love it when Mary opens her books in a full run. It hooks you from the first page and you just can’t slow down. Callie was such a fun character I loved her strength and whit. I also liked getting to know Seth and dig deeper into what made him loco. Throw in the comedy between the two and this is a 5+ star book!

What I did not like: Well not much other then the book ended and way to soon. Julia and her cave fascination got a little annoying. She went on enough in the first book about fossils so when she got some more page time in book three I wanted to tell her to shut up already! I would have liked to have know a little more about Heath. He kind of threw a monkey wrench into the storyline and now it does not feel finished like I expected.

Over all this was a great book just as I expected. I am sorry to see the series end but maybe we will see a new series dealing with Heath? It would be great to see these characters again and Mary is known for her series to overlap or pull past characters into her new books fingers crossed!

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Over the Edge.