Gabriella's Reviews > The Lost Hero

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

Dec 10, 11

Read from November 22 to December 10, 2011

Throughout "The Lost Hero", I have found that people should not be judged from external first impressions. For example "Drew curled her lip at Piper as if she were a week old burrito that had just been pulled out of the dumpster". This girl Drew only got a glance at Piper before she began to mentally criticize her. This is unfair that before Piper can introduce herself and show what a nice person she is, she is critiqued. I was also thinking that Despite the fact that Piper came to camp dirty and overwhelmed, Drew made assumptions and conclusions about who Piper was. Why is a person always judged by the clothes they wear, or how they style their hair? This is a question that for me, is still unanswered. A very interesting counterpoint would be that ,Even though you should not judge a person, it is not a crime to be observant. I have seen that when you come to a new place your inner emotions, such as anxiety or confusion can often show on the outside. Piper came into camp lost. Although Annabeth was there for guidance, nobody could tell Piper where she should be or what she should be doing. I know for a fact that everyone, at some point in their lives, have felt out of place or confused. I have come to see that this is only natural.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Hero.