Linda's Reviews > The Christmas Singing: A Romance from the Heart of Amish Country

The Christmas Singing by Cindy Woodsmall

Nov 29, 11

Read from November 22 to 29, 2011

Mattie's childhood sweetheart, Gideon, broke off their engagement suddenly. Now, Mattie has started a new life for herself with a new boyfriend, Sol, and her own cake making business. Then, one day, the life she knows is destroyed and she must start over again at her home town. She must face Gideon and learn the secrets of what really happened the night they broke up.
Gideon is still in love with Mattie and when she returns he fights even harder to keep his secrets secret and distancing himself from others. Will the truth come out and will Mattie choose to go back to Gideon or remain with Sol?

I never read Amish fiction until this year when I started reviewing books and I now have a great love for them. This one is definitely worth the read. It was fun and simply written. The characters were real and experienced everyday trials. They were very likable and yet flawed but in ways that were completely relate-able to the average reader. I loved this book!

To see more reviews go here: http://books4linda.blogspot.com/2011/...
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas Singing.