Kirstine's Reviews > The Battle of the Labyrinth

The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

May 11, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, own, reviewed
Read from November 26 to 27, 2011

Of the four Percy Jackson books I have read so far, this one probably has my favourite plot. It's still the same old with a prophecy and a quest, but this time they have to go into The Labyrinth, designed by the half-blood Daedalus.

This is a great book, really, and in my opinion it has one of the best quests so far. It's suspenseful, interesting, intelligent, daring and exciting. Everything I want from an adventure. It's also starting to show more of the growing romance between Annabeth and Percy. I'm actually really impressed Riordan has managed to keep the love-story in the background for so long, a fact I'm also very grateful for. I hate forced romances, but this way Riordan has made the romance(s) seem natural and realistic, it happens the same way it did back then in real life, with sweaty palms, indecision, confusion, 'it hurts when I'm with her, and it hurts when I'm not', ah, young love, haven't we all been there?

I might wait a little to read the next book, though, simply because it pains me that the series is ending.
I am extremely attached to these books, in a way that is probably a bit weird and silly, but I... really don't care. They're making me happy.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Battle of the Labyrinth.