Jane's Reviews > The Leopard

The Leopard by Jo Nesbø

Nov 25, 11

Read from November 22 to 24, 2011

I have a thing about Scandinavia and Scandinavian crime thrillers. Having enjoyed Wallander on TV, particularly Krister Henriksson's portrayal, I want to read all of Henning Mankel's series. The Danish TV series The Killing is also very good. Hence when my book group chose Jo Nesbo's The Leopard I was just a bit excited! Little did I know that The Leopard is the sixth book in the series and having not read any of the others, I feel I'm doing this back to front. On opening the book I was bitten! A big book which I couldn't put down. Like Stieg Larssen's trilogy (I read and watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) it gripped me from beginning to end.
Nesbo's Detective Harry Hole is not that unlike Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch, a troubled man with a bad track record in his relationships with women. Both very focussed on solving their crimes but who run into trouble with their superiors. They break rules to get results.
I will be reading all of Nesbo's Harry Hole books and I am anticipating that they are all as exciting and good as The Leopard. A must read for all those who like a good crime novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Leopard.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Harry Jane, what did you think about Kenneth Branagh's portrayal of Wallander on BBC?

Jane I liked Kenneth Branagh in the role however my favourite Wallander is Krister Henriksson.