Shauni's Reviews > Blood Magic

Blood Magic by Jennifer Lyon

Dec 15, 2011

Read in November, 2011

Another first in a series and another great find.. First off I would like to thank Anita B for steering me towards this series it was a dark delight. Blood Magic is the first in the Wing Slayer Hunters Series..

The Wing Slayer Hunters were created as guardians to protect magic, the earth and earth witches from Demon witches.. witches that called upon Demons for more power, corrupted by the demon Asmodeous. Over time the Wing Slayer Hunters started making the easy choices, take the easier path and slowly loosing their power until one hunter finally chose to denounce the Wing Slayer.... Denouncing him caused the hunters to loose their immortality and to crave the blood of witches.. Those same witches they were born to protect... Lost and unsure many chose to go rogue to maintain a form of immortality but to loose their soul.

****************************************************

One of the constants in the PNR genre is the reconnection of soul mates, true mates, soul melds or as in this case soul mirrors. I like the way Ms Lyon has them torn with jagged edges.. giving a nod to the original concept of soul mates first conceived by Plato of actually a soul being ripped in half..constantly searching for it's other half.. yearning to be whole. It takes a gifted craftsperson to engineer the story so you don't compare the concept to others or wonder at the predictability of the storyline. I think Ms Lyon walks this very fine line with a master's stroke.. I would most definitely recommend this series it wraps the storyline tenderly around it's main characters and makes you fall in love with them as they find and fall in love with each other.

To Read the review in it's entirety come to Bodice Rippers

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Magic.