Rachel Firasek's Reviews > City of Hell Chronicles: Volume 1

City of Hell Chronicles by Victoria Griesdoorn

Dec 03, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from November 22 to December 02, 2011

City of Hell is aptly named. Going into this, I only knew one detail: There would be bugs.

I'm not a huge bug fan, and worried that this would be a let down for something I really wanted to love. I've been looking for a horror book that sticks with me. That's how I measure the quality of the read. Let me tell you, this book is still floating around in my brain, much the way Maurr's influence did over his minions.

The anthology reads as a continuous story, but you can pick any chapter to start with and more or less just start reading--that's what I did. I didn't feel out of sorts or lost by starting in the middle, but of course when I started from the beginning it answered a few questions that came up.

The world building in this story sucked me in and I swear I read it in HD TV. Every careful description mingled with the action vividly drew me along the journey. The twists and turns had me holding my breath in parts and panting heavy in others. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it to anyone searching for a new and horrible world to explore. Took me back to the movie Ants, only real and terribly disturbing. Perfect horror read!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Hell Chronicles.

12/03/2011