Karla (Reads and Thoughts)'s Reviews > I Do -- But I Don't

I Do -- But I Don't by Cara Lockwood

Nov 23, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, e-books, romance, 2011-reads
Read from November 22 to 23, 2011

Another random book i picked out of nowhere. I guess i'm just pretty bored these past few days and i decided to find some books to read and TADA! I found this one. I'm really a big sucker for books that has great covers and this one definitely caught my attention.

I'm hoping this one would not be another story with a typical plot wherein The boy meets girl-get to know each other-conflict-and live happily ever after blah, But i guess i was wrong, it was just another typical chick-lit/contemporary story about a divorced girl with the name Lauren Crandell who likes to think she has everything under control, she is, after all, the junior wedding consultant at Forever Weddings, doing everything short of standing on her head to make sure all her brides get the weddings of their dreams, even though he own perfect wedding ended in divorce a year ago.

So, as Lauren spends her days creating perfect days for others, she ends up meeting Nick Corona, a gorgeous firefighter who comes to the rescue during two of her weddings. At the same time, Lauren finds her self planning the wedding of the ultimate Psycho Bride, Darla, who is demanding, spoiled and might or might not be involved with Nick.

So much for the story, so what could i say? I like it but i'm not so gaga about it. It was a sweet and funny story full of miss understandings, wedding talk and many mishaps big and small. It was a quick mindless reading and i finished it for just a couple of hours. Though the story was quite predictable at times it still give me enough surprises as it continues. I like how each character are developed and still give the readers enough suspense on how they would end, though at parts of the story i become bothered on how Lauren acted for she kept making assumptions and jumping to wrong conclusions without ever trying to find out what she'd been told was fact or fiction.

I like the easy way it was written simply and in a very intuitive way. I found out it already has a movie adaptation and i'm looking forward in seeing it since it was shown 2004 (an i was still a kid back then) so basically i'll need to catch it up. A Great Read for letting your time pass by. :))

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Do -- But I Don't.