Lisa Kay's Reviews > Loyalty in Death

Loyalty in Death by J.D. Robb

Mar 24, 2012

bookshelves: genre-romance-suspense, 2012-in-2012-group-challenge, m-pb-paperback, series-in-death, reviewed-by-me, authors-j, authors-r, series-i
Read in March, 2012

“I ♥ Roarke” tee-shirt from www.jdrobb.com
description

★★★★★ Okay, I can’t believe I read the paperback instead of listening to the fabulous Ms. Ericksen on audiobook, but I did. I had to have my Roarke fix, LOL! Some of you may know, I did the stupidest thing and, after listening to the first few chapters, erased my library copy of the downloadable audiobook of this one from my iPod/Touch, putting me back on the waitlist at #5. I checked the stacks – and even the hardcopies were checked out! Eep! So, I had to go to the Brick & Mortar Bookstore and purchase a copy of this one (yeah, I know, twist my arm, LOL!).

Anyway, it was worth every penny. Finally, I discovered what has only been hinted at about Peabody (view spoiler)! Loved seeing some of Peabody’s family. Such fun. The suspense was tangible, the plot intertwined. And Roarke, as usual, was delicious. **sigh** There’s a reason this series, started in the mid-nineties, is still going strong.

logo on back of tee-shirt
description
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loyalty in Death.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Great review Lisa Kay,Im in the middle of reading Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6) by J.D. Robbthis one is really an emotional one between Roarke and Eve.

Lisa Kay Yeah, I loved that one too. I loved most of the, Sandi. ☺

message 3: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly I keep hearing all the good things about Roarke - I've been on the fence, hoping he's as good as all that, you might push me to dive in soon! One of your other reviews mentioned different narrators for the same book - which one do you recommend?

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Shelly aka Shell's Bells wrote: "I keep hearing all the good things about Roarke - I've been on the fence, hoping he's as good as all that, you might push me to dive in soon! One of your other reviews mentioned different narrator..."

Have you read any of the J.D.Robb books Shelly? You wont be sorry if you start..well maybe,cause then you want more :)

message 5: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly I haven't yet, Sandi - but I will, one of these days!

Lisa Kay Oh, Shelly, you've got to listen to this series on audio. Susan Ericksen was born to narrate this series. She does all the different voices for all the characters fabulously. And it is one of those series that just keeps getting better and better.

message 7: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly I will be moving it up the list then, lol. I think they are all still available thru the library.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* III agree 100% with you Lisa Kay,it does just get better & better. The one Im reading now..oh wow all emotions with these two come out. Ive never listened to the books,but III keep that name in mind in case I ever do. But Shell..you have to try at least the 1st book or listen you wont regret it :)

Lisa Kay Sandi, I just checked for a status update on which book you're reading - not there! LOL! So, tell... which one? I've heard they get emotional about #16 or #17, I think?

If you ever listen to Susan Ericksen's version, let me know how you like it.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* The one above Lisa Kay, Vengeance in Death,Im almost done. No I dont put the Robb series in my "currently-reading" when I am,cause Im trying to read one every other book,just forget..as to the narrator above,would it be the same person in my Country? Or would it be someone else..?

message 11: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly I will try and get to them soon!

Nancy Kantar I said previously that you should read them in order. That's because the first 3 Bks it tells how Roarke and Eve meet and get married.
I liked them so much I ordered them (cheap) from Amazon/

Lisa Kay Yes, definitely a series that should be read in order.