Casie's Reviews > Dear John

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

Jun 26, 13

bookshelves: to-read, to-read-novels

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear John.

Quotes Casie Liked

Nicholas Sparks
“It's possible to go on, no matter how impossible it seems, and that in time, the grief . . . lessens. It may not go away completely, but after a while it's not so overwhelming.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Passion is passion. It's the excitement between the tedious spaces, and it doesn't matter where it's directed...It can be coins or sports or politics or horses or music or faith...the saddest people I've ever met in life are the ones who don't care deeply about anything at all.”

Nicholas Sparks
“When you're struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something, and to them, it's just as hard as what you're going through.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle, and an end. And although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can't believe that ours didn't go on forever.”

Nicholas Sparks
“I love you, not just for now, but for always, and I dream of the day that you’ll take me in your arms again.”

Nicholas Sparks
“I'd learned that some things are best kept secret.”

Nicholas Sparks
“But...as bad as it was, I learned something about myself. That I could go through something like that and survive. I mean, I know it could have been worse--a lot worse-- but for me, it was all I could have handled at the time. And I learned from it.”

05/13/2012 page 65