Danica Page (One Page at a Time)'s Reviews > The Key of Kilenya

The Key of Kilenya by Andrea Pearson

Dec 27, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, asked-to-review-sequel, young-adult
Read on December 23, 2011

I received the sequel to review, but chose to read this one first.

Here's my official review:

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this novel. I was sent the sequel to review as a part of a blog tour; however, I truly prefer to read series in order, so I tracked down this one and read it first. I’m so glad that I did this.

Pearson has created an intriguing tale that captured my attention from the very beginning. I loved the characters all the Makalos, Jacob, and Aloren. It was simply a truly wonderful book. I seem to be reading ten fantasy/sci-fi novels to every one non sci-fi/fantasy novel; however, all of them have seemed so original and have been masterfully written. This one was no exception.

This novel follows the “unlikely hero receives call of duty, and embarks on an adventure to fulfill that duty” model (which is one of my favorite basic plot lines). Pearson ended this novel on a satisfying note, but also one that left me wanting to read more. I’m anxiously looking forward to reading the sequel to see what happens next.

Pearson is definitely one that I’ll be keeping my eye on. Her writing style is excellent, her characters lovable, and her plot is one that I loved.

For an extended review, plese visit this link.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Key of Kilenya.