Valerie Ormond's Reviews > Lobsters on the Loose

Lobsters on the Loose by Jennifer Ginn

Dec 01, 11

Read in November, 2011

Do you remember what you thought when you were eight years old when passing the lobster tanks in the grocery store? I do, but hadn't thought about it for awhile until I heard of Jennifer Ginn's picture book, Lobsters on the Loose. Lobsters on the Loose chronicles two youg boys' trip to the grocery store where they assist in a fun lobster escape. The sing song verse and creeping plot entertained me throughout, and I can't wait to share this with younger readers.
Eric T. Krackow's colorful illustrations matched perfectly with this story. I particularly liked his facial expressions, both human and crustacean. Some of my favorites were from the lobsters' view looking out of the tank, and from the boys' view while listening to the plight of the trapped lobsters.
This is a feel-good book of exactly the right pacing and length. I do hope Ms. Ginn develops a series because I'd love to see more of her storytelling creativity on the shelves...or out of the tanks.
Valerie Ormond

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lobsters on the Loose.