Brittany's Reviews > Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean

Nov 21, 11

I was really excited to start this book after reading the previous two in the series and hearing that it was up for an award... I did enjoy the book... but the first is by far my favorite in the series.

Juliana and Simon are about as opposite as they come... our sweet, fun, adventurous Italian girl and the stuffy Duke with a stick so far up his behind it must be clouding his vision and sense of self... well... you get the picture. Regardless of how he comes off at first (and throughout most of the story) - he DOES have a heart... and passion as he learns...

J is such a beautiful character... the only down side for me was the constant back and forth... almost to the very end. I won't say too much on that... but it drug it out for me at times. I may have rolled my eyes at his stupidity once or twice! His mother is an awful, awful woman... had to say THAT!

There is laughter, there is anger, there are tears of longing and pain... and laughter. There is scandal, lordy... is there scandal! But we find a happy ending when all is said and done.

I do feel that S got off easy at the end... he could have struggled a bit more after decisions that HE made haunted our J as they did... she suffered... but well, I guess she came out the winner!

Lovely series... definitely recommend it :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart.