Linda's Reviews > The Christmas Cookie Club

3961922
Dec 06, 11

bookshelves: book-club, chick-lit
Read from November 23 to December 05, 2011

Disclaimer: this just wasn't my type of book. It was basically a Lifetime movie. It was way too saccharine. There were a lot of "life lessons" about friendship, and children, and blah blah. I couldn't relate to the characters at all, probably because I'm nowhere near to being middle aged. I also hate baking. I can see how some people would like it, but it just really wasn't for me.

Legitimate criticisms: there were too many characters. I had to keep track of the twelve women in the club, their husbands and boyfriends, their children, and additional friends that weren't there. Too many. I had a really hard time trying to remember which tragic event happened to which woman, and forgot about some characters entirely until they were mentioned again 50 pages later. Also, I found a lot of the dialogue to be unrealistic. I found myself constantly thinking, "Who talks this way? Do people actually say things like this?"

It's a pretty short and easy read, which is the only reason I bothered to finish (and so I could talk about it at my book club.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas Cookie Club.