Lauraadriana's Reviews > Soldier

Soldier by A.K.M. Miles

Nov 28, 11

Read from November 26 to 28, 2011

This cover makes me want to cry...
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soldier.

11/26/2011 "JEEPERS!! This cover is AWFUL!!!"
11/27/2011
25.0% "Ohhh Gom *sniffles*" 6 comments
11/27/2011
50.0% "How many times will this book make me cry?" 3 comments

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions cause of how bad it is?

Lauraadriana Bubbles (Dane) wrote: "cause of how bad it is?"

Yes, it is a very bad cover. Very bad.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions i know it is dreadful

message 4: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Not to sound mean or anything, but the forehead is distracting me...

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions at least we don't have to worry about that model being over used like some of the other models

message 6: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice True! But I wish that they at least took the time to make him look decent. He looks so sad to me.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions soldier was sad. he looks creepy stalker to me

message 8: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Probably because of those eyes. They look like they could shoot Pedobear lasers anytime soon.

Lauraadriana Beatrice wrote: "Not to sound mean or anything, but the forehead is distracting me..."

Ah yeah it's ENORMOUS! Laddie loved it, so I'm gonna read it next :O)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions the book was a little too sweet and fluffy for me

message 11: by Beatrice (last edited Nov 21, 2011 05:29PM) (new)

Beatrice Lauraadriana wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Not to sound mean or anything, but the forehead is distracting me..."

Ah yeah it's ENORMOUS! Laddie loved it, so I'm gonna read it next :O)"

Tell me what you think after you've read it! :) Sounds good but I'm a bit hesitant...

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) Lauraadriana wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Not to sound mean or anything, but the forehead is distracting me..."

Ah yeah it's ENORMOUS! Laddie loved it, so I'm gonna read it next :O)"

Yup, I loved it. Yup, it's super sweet and fluffy. It's not a literary gem or anything but it makes me smile every time I read it.

message 13: by T.A. (new) - rated it 4 stars

T.A. Webb The old cover was better

message 14: by Bubbles Hunty (last edited Nov 26, 2011 04:50PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions this is the old cover

is the new cover

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions org cover

Lauraadriana Ohh that IS LOADS Better!!! I'm changing it in my review I can't look at the other one anymore. I hope Santa brings a decent cover artist to MLR this Christmas, because SERIOUSLY!

Thank you Dear Dane!

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions lol yeah i would love to know what the author thought when she got the email for here is your cover art...

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions my first thought would be to beg to have that face removed. leave the rest if you must but remove that face

message 19: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice MLR covers can be... Distracting. Hard to believe that they don't have better cover artists; their prices are some of the highest amongst M/M publishers.

Lauraadriana Beatrice wrote: "MLR covers can be... Distracting. Hard to believe that they don't have better cover artists; their prices are some of the highest amongst M/M publishers."

Yeah their covers SUCK. But they might the most reliable publisher in terms of quality. Their books rarely disappoint.

message 21: by Chris (new)

Chris Beatrice wrote: "MLR covers can be... Distracting. Hard to believe that they don't have better cover artists; their prices are some of the highest amongst M/M publishers."

I've thought that same thing, Beatrice! And... I always feel a little sorry for them when they send their covers in for the Rainbow Awards Cover Contest. Seriously?!? Do they think their covers look... good??? O.o

message 22: by Beatrice (last edited Nov 26, 2011 05:05PM) (new)

Beatrice Chris wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "MLR covers can be... Distracting. Hard to believe that they don't have better cover artists; their prices are some of the highest amongst M/M publishers."

I've thought that same t..."

They send their covers? Oh my.

They have some good ones. Like the cover for Shifting Sands. I like that one. But they come so rarely that you can't help but associate MLR with their, um, unique covers.

message 23: by Chris (new)

Chris Beatrice wrote: "....But they come so rarely that you can't help but associate MLR with their, um, unique covers."

Like Changeling... o.O

message 24: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Chris wrote: "Like Changeling... o.O"

Oh God. Let's not mention the Poser art...