JenniferJ's Reviews > Unclean Spirits

Unclean Spirits by M.L.N. Hanover

Nov 21, 11

Read in November, 2011

Unclean Spirits was action packed..always had something happening to keep me on my toes! It was a pageturner that I had trouble putting down and found myself waking up at night to read just a few more pages. Jayne is basically a loner with no friends, boyfriend, nor any family left that wants anything to do with her. She's sort of the black sheep because she wouldn't follow her father's rules. I felt kind of sorry for her not so much for the obvious reasons but because she just seems to have hit bottom in her life and needs something to hold onto..something to call hers and maybe even a shoulder to lean on. I could relate to that.

I loved Midian! He is sassy mouthed and funny at the same time and I just really enjoyed his two sense worth not to mention he could cook and boy I do think highly of men who know their way around a kitchen!

Aubrey was an okay character but I'm just not all that into him. He's just not tough enough for me and he seems more like a suit man whereas I am all about the jeans and leather and kick ass urban hero type. Maybe he will harden up in later books..I dunno but I just am not feeling him as Jayne's lover or sidekick.

Jayne is just getting her feet wet in book one and still not totally sure if this will be a one time thing with her by killing the thing that killed her uncle or if she resumes his work where he left off and help others with a supernatural crisis.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unclean Spirits.