Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)'s Reviews > First Comes Love

First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky

Jan 25, 2012

Read from January 01 to 03, 2012

First Comes Love is an emotional and beautiful story.

First Comes Love has crawled into my heart and will never leave. For such a tiny book, I had no idea it would make me feel the way that it did while reading it. It’s now days later and I can’t stop thinking about the two main characters.

First Comes Love is a beautiful story about two young teens who discover themselves through one another. Dylan lives in the moment. She doesn’t care what others think about her and she is a very adventurous person. She is not sure what to do with her life, but she knows sitting around isn’t going to help her. Dylan goes and stays with her aunt for a while and this is where she meets Grey, who is a loner and keeps his distance from everyone. He doesn’t have friends and doesn’t really care to make any. The first meeting between these two had me laughing out loud at almost every sentence. Grey thinks Dylan is crazy, and Dylan thinks Grey is her new best friend. It was hilarious!

I really enjoyed reading about both characters and watching them grow throughout the book. Grey has to be one of the hottest characters ever. I fell in love with him right along with Dylan. I felt every emotion they did. Kacvinsky did such an excellent job at capturing their emotions and putting it down on paper that it wasn’t hard at all to put myself in their shoes. Dylan changed Grey’s life, and Grey taught Dylan that love is worth everything. I loved every minute of it! The only complaint I have is that the one time I find a standalone book… it’s less than three hundred pages. I wish it was longer, but then I think about it and the way the story went and everything that happened, I honestly think adding anymore to it wouldn't have been a good idea. Everything was perfect! I really like the way Katie Kacvinsky writes.

I highly recommend this book! It’s a fast read that will leave you with butterflies and craving more!

5 out of 5 Stars!
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Comes Love.

01/01/2012 page 6