Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)'s Reviews > Middle Ground

Middle Ground by Katie Kacvinsky

Oct 09, 12

bookshelves: review-for-pub, worth-buying, favorites, netgalley
Read from September 11 to 12, 2012

Gosh, what do I say other than I love this series? So far everything I’ve read by Katie Kacvinsky has been WOW to me. I absolutely love her writing and the characters she creates.

In Awaken we were introduced to Maddie and her world. Maddie lives in a world where everything is done digitally. Walks on the beach, dates with other people, school, clubbing, everything. There is always a program for something. Maddie meets Justin, who happens to be the leader of a rebel group who are trying to bring the system down. They want things to go back to the way they were. I just want to say that Justin is one yummy character. Everything he does is just sexy. He is fearless and really good at what he does. Only those he allows to get close and know his true identity know who he is. The one person who can basically destroy him and everything he’s worked so hard for, is the one person he ends up falling in love with. Yes, that would be Maddie.

I love how intense this series is, but yet Kacvinsky manages to throw in a pinch of romance. I thought Awaken was amazing, but Middle Ground blew me away. Maddie and Justin come closer to bringing the system down, their romance gets stronger, and Maddie and her father find themselves somewhat on the same page. I can’t even begin to tell you how many times while reading I wanted to just pull my hair because I was so nervous that things would fall apart for Maddie and her plans would crumble. She made new friends and every time I kept wondering, friend or foe? This series is unpredictable and raw. I absolutely love it!

Katie Kacvinsky knows just how to suck you into her world and into her characters. I hate that I have to wait so long for the next book, but at the same time that would mean the series is coming to an end, and I don’t want it to end. Not sure if it’s just three books or more to be honest, but I am hoping it’s more than three. This is one series that deserves about twenty books. Some deserve to end, but this one, please no!

I love it!

5 out of 5 Stars!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Middle Ground.

09/11/2012 page 66
09/11/2012 page 168
50.0% "Loving this so far!"