Kristin's Reviews > Knight of Hearts

Knight of Hearts by Suzie Quint

Nov 22, 11

bookshelves: romance, favorites
Read from November 21 to 22, 2011

Very seldom do I give out 5 stars but Suzie Quint has done an amazing job. I have to give credit where credit is due.

Yes, you have heard the story before where a woman hires a guy to go to a wedding with her and they end up falling in love. However, what those stories lack that this one doesn't is depth. I thought I knew where this book was going but halfway through the book not only is the wedding done and over with but the author throws you a curve-ball that leaves your mouth gaping wide open. It is at that point that the story gets even more interesting and sucks you in. I couldn't believe how much work the author put into her characters. You understand their personalities and not only that but you feel for them. I was simply blown away by this book. I thought it would be a mediocre read but it went above and beyond what I imagined.

I LOVED Mac. I thought he was hilarious with all of his corny pick up lines of "Hey, Sexy. Wanna get naked with me?" and "Can I see your tan lines?". But I also loved his dedication to get back out there after a 15 year marriage and get back on the dating horse. He would get turned down left and right by woman but he still kept at it with Rachel's guidance.

And Rachel. Where do I begin with that little fire cracker. She's bossy and has to be in control of everything. She has enough siblings to be in the remake of cheaper by the dozen (cowboy style) and she is the second oldest in the sea of brothers. However, halfway through she cracks her facade and the results are devastating. I just wanted to reach through the pages and give the woman a hug.

The story is great and flows at a steady pace. It is your normal tale of two people who are trying to get over a hurdle in their life and find companionship with each other. But the author didn't take the easy fluff route in telling the story and that is why I loved it. She took an average story and turned into something more.

favorite part...
Mac goes to an adult store to pick out condoms and is overwhelmed by not only the variety but the fact that they come in sizes as well. The girl behind the register comes over to help him and has him close his eyes and feel the various dildos in order to judge which size he would need. When he tells Rachel how he obtained the condoms it takes everything she has not to laugh at the story.
"The image of Mac standing in front of a selection of penises, like a witness picking a criminal out of a line-up, was more than Rachel could bear with a straight face."

For more reviews check out Book Sniffers Anonymous

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knight of Hearts.

Quotes Kristin Liked

Suzie Quint
“The image of Mac standing in front of a selection of penises, like a witness picking a criminal out of a line-up, was more than Rachel could bear with a straight face.”
Suzie Quint, Knight of Hearts

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzie (new) - added it

Suzie Quint You're the first review I've gotten for Knight of Hearts and you certainly warmed my heart. When I've had a bad day, I'm going to come back and read your review to cheer myself up. Thanks so much.

Kristin Aw thanks. I loved the story. Is there a projected release date for the next book?

message 3: by Suzie (new) - added it

Suzie Quint Kristin wrote: "Aw thanks. I loved the story. Is there a projected release date for the next book?"

Not yet. But I've been caught up in all the stuff that goes into selling my house. That will all be over soon, so I can get back to the story. I looked it over a few days ago and realized I'm farther along than I realized and that the story is in better shape than I thought, so I'm at least holding my own.

Kristin Eesh. Well I can't wait to read Sol and Georgia's story. The All's Fair was such a teaser.

message 5: by Suzie (new) - added it

Suzie Quint And I'm not even good at short stories. :( but Georgia tells someone about the event in the novel and I couldn't resist writing it.