Sarah Maddaford's Reviews > Welcome to the Jungle

Welcome to the Jungle by Jim Butcher

When I saw that this was a prequel to the Dresden files, I was hoping that I would get to see Harry as a teenager (and you do, briefly). Unfortunately, for me , this takes place not long before the events of Storm Front and gives you an idea of how Harry and Murphy got used to working together (even though it still isn't about their first case together). The story is well designed both graphically and in respects to plot. It was a bit too short for my tastes, but it did have to fit in a limited number of pages.

There isn't any sex although there were a couple of innuendos. There was some language, but I can't remember if it was the kind of language from the beginning of the series or from the later books. After about book 7, the f-bomb starts making an appearance and not always in a context that is entirely necessary to the flavor of the scene (at least in my opinion). There is violence, and since this is a graphic novel the blood is visible to the reader which may irk some parents. It's not terribly gory, but it is definitely there.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome to the Jungle.