Margot's Reviews > Variant

Variant by Robison Wells

Nov 22, 11

bookshelves: autumn-2011, favourites, own
Read in November, 2011

I can't think of a single reason why I shouldn't give this a five-star rating. I loved everything about it.

First of all, Variant is one original little book. Yeah, everyone says the same about all the books they read, but I definitely found Variant refreshing and unique. And I really enjoyed Benson's voice.

Variant hooked me right in since the very beginning—I couldn't put it down. I found it original, thrilling, compelling, and so easy to read. Interesting from the first page to the very last one, where it left us with a cliffhanger.

There were parts where my heart was pounding in anticipation, and I was pretty much biting my nails—I couldn't read fast enough—because just when I thought he—and I—had something figured out, surprising little twists happened.

It was nice to read a good YA book that had an unpredictable plot for a change. I wanted something different and this absolutely delivered. I cannot wait for the sequel.
15 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Variant.

03/16 marked as: read

Moriya But it's just like the maze runner... Well what I've read so far, so I wouldn't call it that unique and different. Also it's kind of like the lord of the flies