Lady*M's Reviews > Mongrel

Mongrel by K.Z. Snow

Nov 23, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, m-m-romance, paranormal, steampunk, favorites
Read on November 23, 2011, read count: 2

I forgot how fabulous this book is, how magnificent are the characters. The world building pulls you in, the characters charm you and you can't help but feel for them. Fan, the Eminence of Taintwell, the Dog King, the manic-depressive Mongrel, is larger than life, huge, dangerous looking, yet gentle and noble. Will, young salesman, was also lovely - naive, yet courageous, ready to learn and aid those who are wronged and those who he cares about. They couldn't have been more different and they were beautiful together. Their love was sweet and thoroughly satisfying. And Marrowbone?! You have to love a vampire with a sense of humor, prepared to help the innocent and eat the bad guys. As much as I loved Fanule and Will, I adored him - he is definitely my favorite character. Simon and Lizabetta (dismembered ghost - witch!) and a number of other secondary characters were colorful and interesting as well.

The writing was vivid and rich, perfect for the story. The plot was dark, occasionally lightened by a well-placed humor and gentle love scenes. I wanted to know more about the origin of Mongrels and world at large - outside Purinton and Taintwell - and that is the only reason why I didn't give the book the highest rating. Still, this book is a class for itself in this genre. Whether you like fantasy or steampunk or not, read this! Highly, highly recommended.

Oh, and sequel would be highly appreciated. ^^

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mongrel.

11/23/2011 page 77
38.0% "Why do I find it so difficult to dislike you?
Marrowbone touched one fingertip to a fleck of tobacco on his lip. Perhaps because I drained you for six months running… in a way that didn't kill you. - Ah, Marrowbone... You have to love him from the first appearance. ^^"
11/23/2011 page 84
42.0% "It's always been my fondest wish that someone view me as food. ^^"
11/23/2011 page 179
89.0% "Awww, blushing Clancy!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sagajo I second this; "Oh, and sequel would be highly appreciated."

Lady*M Sagajo wrote: "I second this; "Oh, and sequel would be highly appreciated.""

This is what K.Z. said in Lanyon's group (Introduce yourself thread): Pretty sure a Mongrel sequel is coming. ^^