Sheri's Reviews > Deadlocked

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

Aug 27, 12

bookshelves: reviewed, 3-stars
Read from August 24 to 27, 2012

Although I enjoyed reading this book, because I love the Sookie saga, I was a bit disappointed with this one. There seemed to be a lot going on, but nothing really happened (except for one scene at the end). There was a lot of filler in this book, a lot of loose ends to tie up. I believe the whole series could have been wrapped up with this book with just another chapter or two added. As I said, I love Sookie and would love the series to continue, but there comes a point when a story needs to end, hopefully while it is still ahead.

That being said, Sookie had a lot to deal with in this book. She had a lot of time to think about her relationship with Eric and a lot of time to think about her humanity and what she wants out of life. She also had to deal with betrayal from ones she loved and trusted. All in all, even without all of the action and excitement of the previous books, I think this book was a good setup for the end of the series, which I am very much looking forward to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadlocked.

Quotes Sheri Liked

Charlaine Harris
“Appius Livius Ocella made mistakes in his whole long existence. Perhaps changing Eric was his finest hour. He created the perfect vampire. Eric's only flaw is you.”

Charlaine Harris
“And that's your fantasy? That I come into your house naked and have sex with you?"
"After that, you tell me that you have sent Eric on his way, that you want to be mine forever, and that to share my life you will permit me to make you a vampire like me."
The silence now was thick, and the fun had drained out of the fantasy.
Then Bill added, "You know what I'd say when you told me this? I'd tell you I would never do such a thing. Because I love you.”

Charlaine Harris
“I so seldom had to dispose of a human body myself, I was at a loss. Fairies turned into dust, and vampires flaked away. Demons had to be burned. Humans were very troublesome.”