Taylorehs's Reviews > Never Have I Ever

Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard

U_50x66
Nov 21, 11

The name of the book I read this quarter is called Never Have I Ever, by Sara Shepard. This book includes 309 pages of mysterious things happening. It is an easy read, and keeps you wanting to read on. This book is the second in its series, the first one was called The Lying Game, and this author has also written the series of Pretty Little Liars. Both of these series of books are now a television show, which are completely different from the books. The book is about a girl trying to find her spot in her sister’s life, which she finds out, is not as easy as she dreamt it would be. Emma just wants to find her sister and then maybe she could live her “normal” life. She is glad to find out Sutton’s friends are really Sutton’s true friends or Emma’s true friends now.
The book Emma is the main character, walking into her sister’s life. She never knew it could be so good and be so bad at the same time. With Emma being Sutton, and not having no one notice is one thing, but she is wanting people to notice, to notice that she is not Sutton. Emma has changed since the first book, she has a little more of “Sutton” in her than people realized. Emma keeps finding out about more and more pranks that Sutton pulled in the Lying Game. Sutton keeps having flash backs about his one night, the train track. Emma has no idea what this whole thing with the train tracks is about, but when Emma pulls a prank that the real Emma would never do, she is about to find out what really happened on that night. Emma’s prank puts her in the place where Sutton has a record for going.
The book Never Have I Ever picks up right where The Lying Game left off. There is more mystery and keeping the reader’s attention in this one I think. Having more clues and more things happening to Emma, like her car being gone, and the Twitter twins, the “accident” at the homecoming announcements of courts, and finding out the train “accident.” Emma has a few more obstacles to overcome in this book. More things to find out where and who “killed” Sutton, and more things that are going on with her friends.
I really enjoyed reading this series of books. The two I have read keep me wanting to turn the page until the very end, and then I want to read the next one. I like this series of nooks because, it has mystery in it, but yet other things are going on too. It never gets boring, and it always seems like someone is really “watching” the girls’ every move in the book, not just Emma’s. It makes me want to know what happen to Sutton more and more with every page and chapter that goes by.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Have I Ever.