Jam's Reviews > The Mirror of Her Dreams

The Mirror of Her Dreams by Stephen R. Donaldson

Nov 21, 11

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in November, 2011

The book is well-written, and some parts are actually enjoyable, but I only gave it one star because half of the book focused on a character which I found to be absolutely irritating. Halfway into it, I was prepared to throw it away. I found the character to be that annoying. But, I didn't throw it away. Instead, I skipped all the way to the end, and found out that this character, Terisa Morgan, doesn't get any better. She stays almost as weak and stupid as she was at the start of the novel, only mildly showing some intelligence at the very very very end of the book. For a person who likes strong women characters, or at least female characters who may start out weak, but who at least emerge stronger a lot earlier in the the book, I really really hated this character. She didn't think. She kept getting fooled by the same man. She was constantly weak and needed to be defended. No doubt, she had a worthwhile part to play as the other "hero" of the story, but it was overshadowed by the constant barrage of insults piling up in my head.

I'm going to read the second novel, but only because I want to know what happens to Geraden. He may be foolish and clumsy, but at least he has a brain.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mirror of Her Dreams.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ita (new) - rated it 1 star

Ita That's exactly the way I feel about the "heroine". She is not heroic in any way and I mostly just wanted to slap her.