Kristy Buzbee's Reviews > Real Fake Princess Volume 1

Real Fake Princess Volume 1 by Yi Huan

F_50x66
Real/Fake Princess is an interesting Korean manhwa. This first volume gets going a little too fast, but to be honest, the set-up required is kind of boring, so I think going too fast at first is a better choice.

Zhi Li has been raised by her "big brother" Hui Tang, working as the apothecary of a small fishing village. However, Zhi Li is actually the princess Yi Fu, who was given to Hui Tang at a young age to take care of during a time of war and political strife. Zhi Li doesn't remember this, but Hui Tang is set on restoring her title. Now that the emperor (Zhi Li's older brother) is searching for his lost relatives, Hui decides to send Zhi Li to the capital to regain her crown. Zhi Li, who is in love with Hui, doesn't want to go - but does so for Hui.

Enter Zhong Lu, the official Seeker, who was demoted from his station in the army and is now doing nothing but searching for missing royal family members. He's debunked so many fakes that now he assumes anyone who comes is a fraud looking to gain status.

Zhong Lu falls for Zhi Li, which you kind of see coming, but it still happens earlier than I thought it should. Again though, things aren't super interesting until that happens, so I see why it's rushed. I'm 3 volumes into this 5-volume little series, and I'm enjoying it so far.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Real Fake Princess Volume 1.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justyna (last edited Jan 27, 2012 02:40PM) (new) - added it

Justyna Real/Fake Princess is actually Taiwanese manhua.