Michael Dorais's Reviews > Introduction to Contemporary Epistemology

Introduction to Contemporary Epistemology by Jonathan Dancy

Jul 06, 13

Read in December, 2005, read count: 1

A while back I read the chapters that the author recommended as a first read. Recently I have picked up and read the remaining chapters one-by-one every so often (chs. 6, 7, 14, 15).
This has been a good introduction to to the broad issues in epistemology and a dialog between the various positions. Some time after I finish chapter 15, I intend to go back over this book in more detail just as I will with the couple of introductory books on metaphysics. I would recommend this book if you already have had some introductory philosophy that includes some epistemology, and have sampled of some readings in philosophy that are not to difficult. That will better prepare you for the dense presentation of material in this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Introduction to Contemporary Epistemology.

05/25/2013 marked as: currently-reading
05/25/2013 page 10
3.0% "I'm re-reading this book, this time taking some careful notes. I've been trying to develop my personal understanding of what knowledge and truth is, especially in ways that define it the terms well to be meaningful and applicable to human mental life. My tendencies are to see knowledge and truth as something human and possible. I don't accept the extreme sceptical position that no knowledge is possible."
07/06/2013 marked as: read