Bekah's Reviews > Small Town Christmas

bookshelves: ebooks-read-own, 2011-reads, netgalley-reviewed
Read from November 20 to 26, 2011

Kissing Santa Clause 3.5*
Jill Shalvis

In this very short story about Sandy Jenson and Logan Perrish, Jill Shalvis takes us back to Lucky Harbor and all of the characters we’ve all come to fall in love with. Logan is a world famous NASCAR star and Sandy is the small town clerk who has gone and fallen in love with him after a very short, very hot fling. After which he up and left and didn’t contact her for six months. But he comes waltzing back into her life at just the right moment. She’s lonely, a little sad and in a bind. Sandy doesn’t make it easy for him to come back and sweep her off her feet, though that is just what he does. This story had just the right amount of yummy spicy sweetness to keep you warm this winter! I always knew Logan had potential after we were introduced to him in The Sweetest Thing, and he definitely did not disappoint. It would have been nice to sit a little longer and read more of their story but hopefully we’ll get to see more of them in upcoming Lucky Harbor books, which we got a yummy peek of Head Over Heels at the end of this book! Definitely check it out!

I’ll Be Home for Christmas 2.5*
Hope Ramsey

In this short story Staff Sergeant Matt Jasper has come to deliver a present to his best friend’s grandmother when he is lured into a church by the sounds of a mewling cat and the angelic singing voice of Annie Roberts. Matt has never known what it is like to have the picturesque childhood his friend had described for him and when he leaves the Army he just can’t resist going to find a taste of hometown life. What he didn’t bargain on was wanting a little taste of Annie too, his friend’s childhood sweetheart. He quickly falls for the sweet Annie and Annie, having recently lost her mother and feeling a bit of hope for her future gives Matt just what he needs; a home, a place to belong and make memories. This is definitely a super sweet romance in a sweet little town called Last Chance. Matt and Annie definitely find their chance together.

O Little Town of Bramble 3*
Katie Lane

Ethan Miller is a good ole Midwestern farm boy who has a special way with animals and Samantha Henderson is the younger sister he never had. That is until she comes back from the big city with her doctorate in veterinarian medicine; Matt’s own lifelong dream. She’s a grown woman now, with a grown woman’s body and Matt can’t help but notice. Samantha has had a crush on Ethan for what seems like her entire life and he finally seems to be noticing her. They finally get a chance to have some alone time and clear the air on a few things, most importantly their feelings for one another and Matt, being the good boy he is, promises to do things big for his little Sam. This is another very sweet and romantic, yet lightly spicy as well, read. I enjoyed it.

Find my reviews at page 317.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Small Town Christmas.