Holly Renee's Reviews > Not Another Dating Book

Not Another Dating Book by Renee Fisher

Feb 27, 2012

liked it
Read from January 01 to February 15, 2012

Not Another Dating Book is a unique approach to encourage those who are exploring the dating scene. Rather than create a book that offers tips or even more of the same type of advice that's already been dished out in other countless books available for singles, Renee Fisher has chosen to create a devotional that helps you wherever you're at in your dating life. Whether you're single, dating someone, never dated before, recovering from a broken relationship, tired of the dating scene, or eager to explore it, this book offers a very wide approach for a variety of people.

While it's definitely a massive undertaking, it actually works well. The aim of this book is not to offer more advice, but to offer the readers a deeper and more intimate look at their faith in a way that will influence their dating life. Every devotional seems to have been written in a way that it forces readers to stop and think about their own relationship with God, as well as their relationships with others.

I have to admit, I'm in full agreement with everything Renee Fisher brought up and said in this book. I found myself throwing out a lot of "Amens" as I read it. I will admit, however, that the idea that Christian women are attracted to bad boys when there are godly, Christian men available, kind of baffled me. I've found a lot of single Christian women complaining about how godly, Christian men who whole-heartily love the Lord, and long to honor Him in action and courage, are becoming a rare find. I myself have wondered if I might be single forever because I'm unwilling to settle for anything less that that rare find.

While this book is written for both sexes, the tone of the book feels as though it might appeal more to women. Not that men can't enjoy this book. There are definitely good messages in there for men. It's just that the overall book seems as though it would appeal to women more.

If you've read your fair share of Christian dating books, I'd still recommend that you give Not Another Dating Book a try. While the messages and advice may sound the same as the ones we've been hearing for a while, the book's focus of preparing your heart to align with God's is what sets it apart.

So singles, whatever stage of life you're in, definitely give Not Another Dating Book a shot!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Harvest House Publishers via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not Another Dating Book.

01/22/2012 page 54