Holly Renee's Reviews > A Texan's Honor

A Texan's Honor by Shelley Gray

Apr 07, 12

Read from March 13 to 16, 2012

A Texan's Honor, the second installment to The Heart of a Hero series, is full of adventure, fascination, and gripping characters!

While I enjoyed the first novel in this series, I think I enjoyed the hero in this novel much more! He is so steadfast and solid! No matter what he decides, his decisions are always based on his steadfastness of character traits. And as a reader, I can appreciate that!

I loved the premise for the novel. Shelley Grey does an excellent job of revealing the right information at the right time, allowing the reader to suspect something just before she reveals it. Until then, however, it never crosses the mind.

Another interesting portion of this story deals with the main character in the upcoming and final novel in this series. Can I just say this character both abhors and fascinates the reader. Not only does he grip the reader and intrigue, but his own personal conflict in this novel is so gripping and surprising that it doesn't fit stero-types at all.

Some Christian readers may find offense in the way "hell" is thrown out as an expletive by one of the bad guys. If you find this bothersome, then I wouldn't recommend this novel for you personally. If it won't bother you, then definitely pick up this novel!

I certainly recommend A Texan's Honor to those who enjoy wild west stories. If you like Deeanne Gist's Love on the Line, you will probably enjoy this one as well.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the Abingdon Press, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Texan's Honor.

03/15/2012 page 320