Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Wild & Hexy

Wild & Hexy by Vicki Lewis Thompson

Jun 05, 2008

bookshelves: 2008-reads
Read in June, 2008

I should start off by saying that I'm a big fan of Vicki Lewis Thompson. I still read her 'Nerd' series, and her hot Harlequins have spiced up many a night for me. When I picked up "Over Hexed", I didn't realize it was the start of a trilogy?, but still really enjoyed it. "Wild & Hexy" is the second in the series. The third "Casual Hex" is scheduled for release in February 2009.

Dorcas and Ambrose are two former magical matchmakers who were banished to Big Knob, Indiana for an unfortunate magical practical joke involving sex organs that went awry. Just their luck, the Grand Wizard's nephew really has no sense of humor! Anyway, they're forbidden from matchmaking and so are spending their time doing 'relationship counseling' in Big Knob. This time they have quite the challenge.

Former Big Knob beauty queen Annie isn't excited about going home for a visit. Since she left with her hometown sweetheart, she's lost the sweetheart, her job, and gained 30 pounds (well, really it's only 20 now). But she's back for her sister's wedding and determined to lose the weight before the wedding even if she has to wear that peach monstrosity. She even has some ideas for her current job, writing some pieces about small town 'stuff'. But as soon as the wedding is over, she's outta Big Knob and back to the Big City!

Jeremy has had wet dreams starring Annie since he was 10. But being the shy, quiet type, he always knew he didn't really have a chance with her. He's not sure what's going on, but since he spent the evening with Dorcas and Ambrose he can now do magic! And he feels strangely self-confident, and in-charge, and by golly he WILL ask Annie out, and maybe a little more?

Between magical matchmakers on the lam, a rebellious teenage dragon in the woods, a lonely sea monster in the lake, and a wedding...keeping up with these two will have you laughing and snorting your way to the end of the book. I can't wait for the next one!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild & Hexy.