Kim Smiley's Reviews > I Don't Want to Kill You

I Don't Want to Kill You by Dan Wells

Dec 22, 11

Read from December 20 to 22, 2011

This book was alright. I honestly expected less, but there were some things about it that made me keep reading it. In this installment, John is now looking for "Nobody." This is the demon that he talked to on the phone at the end of the last book, Mr. Monster. Since both demons he has encountered have been totally different, he's not sure what he's even looking for.

Then the killings start again. People that are in positions of power, (school teachers, clergymen, police officers) are being brutally murdered and John thinks there is another demon, (Nobody) that is looking for him and trying to send him a message. Then there is another strange happening that popular girls in school are all of a sudden for no apparent reason committing suicide. He can't figure out if these two things are connected and if they are, how and why.

What I did like about this book is that John actually gets a girlfriend. You get to see that John does have a good heart. He gets close to Marci, and he's doing everything he can to keep the community safe.

I did like the way the trilogy ended, but it makes me wonder if it is indeed a trilogy, because it is left wide open for another book if the author chooses to do so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Don't Want to Kill You.

12/21/2011 page 142

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alexandra you're almost there! just muddle through haha

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim Smiley I'm over 100 pages in, I'm hoping to get in another book by the end of the year. I don't want this series to be the last books i read in 2011!

Alexandra yeahh i don't blame you. when you told me you were going to start reading these i was like oh :x haha
i used to recommend this series after i had only read the first one (because i genuinely did really like that one) and then once i read the second one i was like ... i wish i could take it back lol
i don't even know why i finished. i think i just didn't know what else to read.
ah well. ya gotta take the good with the bad.
i'm excited to start the john saul book. hope i like it

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim Smiley I'm excited to re-read that book. Once christmas is over I have to go in the basement and dig it out of the Rubbermaid container my books are in. I'm excited to re-read it. It was before I was even on this site so it'll be cool to actually write a review this time around!