Joslynn's Reviews > She's So Dead to Us

She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott

U 50x66
Nov 20, 2011

Read in November, 2011

I really enjoyed this book. It was dramatic, funny, and extremely well-written.
I loved reading about the Idiot Twins. I could already see them as your typical, dumb, "dare-devil" teenage boys. They were the best characters of the book.
My heart constantly broke for Ally and all the hardships she'd encountered because of her dad and "friends", but I couldn't help but think: Why didn't they move someplace else? Why did her and her mother just HAVE to move back to their former neighborhood, have Ally attend her former school, and see all the people they'd let down two years ago? If anything, the smart thing to do would be to leave, and stay....gone. I really didn't see the point in that.

All the characters were likable. I just didn't like Jake because it seemed as though he only liked Ally for how "hot" she was and not so much how she was as a person. Also, although she was a minor character somewhat, I couldn't help but be extremely annoyed by Annie. Her stalking and obsession with the "Cresties" was downright creepy and extremely disturbing, imo. I don't know why the author felt the need to put that in there. Maybe she'll elaborate more in the sequel? Who knows. But honestly, I feel the book could have done without Annie and her stupid "notes".

Overall, I enjoyed the book and I'll be looking forward to the sequel! (:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She's So Dead to Us.