Mimi Valentine's Reviews > Embrace

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

Sep 23, 13

bookshelves: arc, boys-i-wish-were-real, pure-awesomeness, gorgeous-covers, reviewed
Read in December, 2011

**Giveaway, guest post, and interview with Jessica Shirvington on my blog today! Contest ends on April 27th, 2012. Good luck, everyone! :)**

I honestly had to stop re-reading Embrace just to start this review! It's the kind of book that catches your attention from page one and keeps it long even after the last page is turned. Make sure that you have lots of time when you start this because you won't be able to put it down!

Embrace is about angels, but it's in no way just another angel book! There are Grigori, and angel exiles, and sacrifices needed to embrace their power. It was so easy to get sucked into the twisting plot with the awesome angel lore — it was enthralling and original to say the least!

Violet was the perfect main character for this novel! She was was so strong and resilient even when things were completely messed up, and my heart broke for her several times. And Lincoln (♥) and Phoenix deserve every swoon-worthy sigh they get! The romance — sweet and sensual and a little bit dangerous — just tore me apart.

Totally enticing and 100% entertaining, Embrace is a book you don't want to miss! It doesn't end on a cliffhanger but I still wish I had the next book with me right now. I can already tell that this series is going to be amazing! :)

BUY or BORROW?: You definitely want to own this book so you can re-read it like I already have! And I'm going to get a finished copy just so I can have that gorgeous purple cover on my shelf! ;)

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5!

(Original review at Mimi Valentine's YA Review Blog)
13 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embrace.

Comments (showing 1-18)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 18: by Molli (new) - added it

Molli Moran JEALOUS. I want this one. :D

message 17: by Mimi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mimi Valentine LOL, Molli!! <3 It's really good so far -- I'm sure you'll love it! Hopefully you can get your hands on it soon too! ;)

EEP, I just saw your review, Jen!! I'm a little scared to click on it because it has that "spoilers" thing on it, but I'm definitely gonna read it when I'm finished! :)

message 16: by Mimi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mimi Valentine LOL don't worry about it! x) But I'm almost done, and oh my gosh, I love Lincoln!!!! <3 Poor guy!!

message 15: by Mimi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mimi Valentine Me too!! It really makes me wish I had a trainer as awesome as him! But alas, boys my age don't come as sweet as Lincoln. LOL x) <3

message 14: by Mimi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mimi Valentine SO TRUE, JEN!!! Sometimes reading books like this really brings our boyfriend standards WAAAAY too high LOL!

message 13: by Mimi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mimi Valentine LOL JEN!!!! x) You aren't that old!

Juhina ohhh on my TBR list for sure!

message 11: by Mimi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mimi Valentine @Jen: Definitely not. ;) <3

@Juhina: Definitely YES!!! LOL this book was so awesome, Juhina! You should totally add it to your list! :)

message 10: by Mimi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mimi Valentine It'll be up on Monday, I think! :) And oh my gosh, have you seen the US cover yet???? *fans herself* It's so gorgeous!! I definitely want to buy a finished copy LOL! x)

Mimi Valentine I know!! Pretty purpleness & gorgeous wings -- I want to know the genius who designs them! x)

Mimi Valentine I know, right? I'm picky with angel books but I really liked this one! :) You're SO SO SO lucky you got to read the next two books already, Jen -- I can't wait!! (And I wonder what the next covers will look like!)

P.S. You're Team Lincoln, right??? ;)

message 7: by Gianne (new) - added it

Gianne <3 Your review, darling, is fantastic like always!

Mimi Valentine Awww, Gee! Thank you so much -- that means a lot to me!! :') Hopefully you love it as much as I did! <3

Mimi Valentine Yay, Jen!! I'm glad to know that you're on my side with this one! :) Hot or not, Phoenix was very frustrating haha!

message 4: by Raihana (new)

Raihana Another great book! Your review is making me want to get my hands on this book like in RIGHT NOW!!<3 :D

Mimi Valentine I love it when my reviews have that effect on you! x) You should definitely read this book, Rai -- the angel lore was awesome, Lincoln was super-sweet, and the cover is sooooo pretty! ;) <3

message 2: by Raihana (new)

Raihana I'm totally gonna read this! :D

Mimi Valentine @Rai: Go go go do it!! I can't wait to read your (hopefully positive) thoughts! :)

@Jen: Love Lincoln even more?? IMPOSSIBLE!! x) I'm SO excited to see what happens between him and Violet and what makes you love him more! ;) <3