Erica Pike's Reviews > 18% Gray

18% Gray by Anne Tenino

Nov 20, 2011

bookshelves: favorites
Read in February, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

If you're looking for a sappy romance - this is not it. If you're looking for a book that contains two rough men fighting through the enemy's territory, running for their lives - this is it!

What I love about this book is how naturally the "romance" develops between the two guys. The bits where they did connect on their journey were touching and heartfelt without being overly so. I loved the beginning, so funny. I also admire the way Anne Tenino writes; fluent and clever.

The name of the book is great, but other than a very brief mention of 18% gray, I really don't see the relevance. Except maybe that the gays in the Red zone have to hide and use symbols to get lucky.

I also don't see the purpose of Benigna, unless she has something to do with the other books. The one part I can see her moving the plot along (after the brush incident) would have been solvable without her. I don't know if she was for comic relief. The little "nunette (love that word) frustrated me more than anything else..

There's obviously going to be a second book and I can't wait to read it :)

Definitely 5 out of 5 - heck, make it 10 out of 10!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 18% Gray.