NannyOgg's Reviews > The Archer

The Archer by Abigail Roux

Feb 16, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: g-action-thriller, t-funny, g-mystery, p-military-spies-assassins, g-contemporary, t-enemies-to-lovers
Read from December 18 to 31, 2011

Definitely not what I expected - in the good and the bad way.

First 200-300 pages had me laughing and anticipating what will happen next. The characters are funny and crazy (the type of crazy that's fun to read about but wouldn't be so much fun to be with), of which Brandt is my absolute favorite. The plot was interesting and it kept me going despite the disheartening page number. However, what I really wanted to know was who the Archer is and as soon as I found out, it all went downhill for me.
The amount of Shawn/Remy drama went up, the amount of banter among the MCs down (though Brandt was still great fun), and it seemed to me as if the writer lost track of the plot - as if up to the point of exposing the Archer she had everything in order, and then didn't know what to do with the plot after that.
The ending lacked a conclusion - and since I didn't see any info on a sequel, it left me fairly disappointed.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Archer.

Quotes NannyOgg Liked

Abigail Roux
“All that rational thinking had to be thrown out the window. This was why he liked irrational thinking so much better. It took less effort and the conclusions you came to were harder to refute.
- Brandt”
Abigail Roux, The Archer

Abigail Roux
“I could kill you with a pinecone.”
Abigail Roux, The Archer

12/18/2011 page 44
12/29/2011 page 208
36.0% "Oh my. This is turning into an orgy."
show 10 hidden updates…