Dawn's Reviews > Blast from the Past

Blast from the Past by Meg Cabot

Jan 01, 12

bookshelves: audio, gscba-2013, middle-grades-2-4, realistic-fiction
Read from November 20 to 23, 2011

I love Allie Finkle. If she were real, I’d want her as my best friend. In this sixth novel, Allie is trying to prove that she is responsible enough to have a cell phone, even though her parents have told her not until she’s 16. The blast from the past develops when Allie finds out that she will see her ex-best friend, Mary Kay, on an upcoming field trip that neither one will ever forget. The trip is to a local living history museum. Allie has been looking forward to the trip ever since she found out about it. The day before the trip, her beloved cat gets stuck in the wall of her house while it is undergoing renovation and Allie no longer wants to go on the trip. Her mother makes her go anyway. How awful then for her to have gotten onto the bus that morning, only to have her problems compounded by being made fun of by the bullies from her previous school. As much as Allie can deal with the taunts, she draws the line when the bullies start picking on one of her classmates. Allie stands up for herself and others and always does the right thing, whether she wants to or not. In an unexpected turn of events, Allie stands by Mary Kay when everyone else turned their backs to her. In my opinion, she rules!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blast from the Past.