Jill Reeder's Reviews > Strider

Strider by Beverly Cleary

Nov 20, 2011

Read in November, 2011

I home-school my kids and we like to listen to books on cd in the car. (we have a 45 minute drive to just about anywhere we go) We recently listened to Dear Mr. Henshaw on cd. I thought I had read it growing up, but the story was not familiar to me. I really enjoyed listening to it and so did my kids. I was thrilled to hear that there was a sequel.

I was even more thrilled to learn that our small local library had it on cd as well. My husband doesn't care to read, but has been recently laid off. I got the book on cd and wasn't sure when we would listen to it. My husband said to go ahead and put it in the car cd player. He enjoyed it just as much as I did. Now he wants to get more books on cd to listen to in the car. We especially loved the voice of the narrator (?)- George Guidall. He was very pleasant to listen to and made the characters come to life.

I really like the style of the book, in diary form. The characters have fun distinctive personalities. It's a book that children and adults can relate to and enjoy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strider.

11/26/2016 marked as: read