Roberta's Reviews > Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

F_50x66
Nov 20, 11

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat, Pray, Love.

Quotes Roberta Liked

Elizabeth Gilbert
“This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.”

Elizabeth Gilbert
“Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.”

Elizabeth Gilbert
“Tis' better to live your own life imperfectly than to imitate someone else's perfectly.”

Elizabeth Gilbert
“I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring risks. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.”