Alexis *Reality Bites*'s Reviews > Wicked Nights

Spoiler Free Review
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy
Series: Book #1 in Angels of the Dark series

Zacharel is cold blooded, he feels no emotion. HOWEVER one human girl will warm his blood and bring a passion that will burn him to his soul. In Wicked Nights

The Deity has claimed Zacharel too dangerous. His cold hearted mentality will leave him wingless if he does not change his ways. Now with a gang of angel misfits Zacharel must learn to melt the ice in his chest while teaching his misfit army of Angels to do the same by showing compassion and respect for human life.

Annabelle Miller has spent the last four years of her life in a hospital for the criminally insane for the murder of her parents. Problem is Annabelle did not commit the crime. A demon did, of course when she tells the police " A monster did it" that does not help her case. A Demon king wants Annabelle and he sends out demons to track her on a regular basis. Fighting has become her lifestyle and she refuses to let the demons win. So when an Angel appears she holds out a little hope that he will save her.
How can Zacharel save Anna when he has not felt emotions such as sympathy for over a millennium?
And how long will it take for him to realize that they share a common enemy?

Soon the ice cold Angel with the piercing green eyes will learn that love is more powerful than anything he has EVER experienced.

The book started pretty slow for me but when it picked up it really got my attention. As always the world building was awesome and Showalter even had a cameo in there with some of my fave Lords of the Underworld which i loved! I also loved Thane can't wait for his book the guy had me laughing out loud often. The twist was good though i saw it coming about 2 seconds before it happened.
Annabelle- Anna has become one of my fave PNR heroines. She was fun fierce and female just the way I like them! She kicked all ass and was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice if need be.
Zacharel- Started off very cold and at times ignorant. And i guess with some things he really was ignorant to his credit he is considered to be like most Angels innocent and nonchalant. However Anna heated his cold blood quickly making him crave things he never knew he wanted. Like Love, Sex and Cookies.

My Ratings
Characters- Likeable
Writing Style- Good
Plot/Storyline- Good
Steam Factor- Low to Slow Simmer/Moderately Steamy
Overall- I liked it!

Now go forth and read. Then come tell us about it on Goodreads!

13 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Nights.

39.0% 1 comment
39.0% "I was gonna try and read some tonight... But i'm tired dammit:/ Off to sleep i go!" 1 comment
77.0% "I Frickin knew it!"
100.0% "Review to come"

message 1: by ★Ruth★ (new)

★Ruth★ How is this, I don't know if I Liked them in Paris story or not.

Alexis *Reality Bites* It's goin slow imho. It has taken some time for me to get into it.

Exina "Love, Sex and Cookies." Great review, Alexis! :)

Alexis *Reality Bites* Thanks Exina:)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Great review! I liked this one too. But most of all I fell in love with the cover loooool

Alexis *Reality Bites* Blacky wrote: "Great review! I liked this one too. But most of all I fell in love with the cover loooool"

Yessss that cover...;) NICE!!!

message 7: by Richa (new) - added it

Richa Great review, Alexis!! :)) Adding it! :)

Alexis *Reality Bites* Thank you Richa! :)
I love Gena Showalter I can already tell this will be an AWESOME series!!!

message 9: by Richa (new) - added it

Richa Alexis wrote: "Thank you Richa! :)
I love Gena Showalter I can already tell this will be an AWESOME series!!!"

Never tried her books...but have them in my tbr list...hopefully will get to read one soon! :)