The Book Junkie's Reviews > Long Hard Ride

Long Hard Ride by Lorelei James

Jan 16, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, e-book, erotica, own, read-2012, western-romance, favorites
Read from January 01 to 15, 2012

I love my Nook smut! Furthermore, I LOVE this series! I hadn’t really heard of Lorelei James until my mom told me I HAD to read this series! Now I’m kicking myself that I waited so long to check this authors books out!

At the start of this book Channing has basically run away from the pre-planned life that her parents have set up for her. Channing’s idea of adventure is chasing the rodeo and it turns out that Channing’s first traveling partner is a slime ball. Enter our white knight, Colby McKay and his traveling partner’s Trevor Glanzer and Edgar Mancuso. Colby offer’s Channing the adventure that she’s been looking for and Channing, how is completely attracted to Colby, can’t help but jump at the chance.

What really attracted me to this book was that everything wasn’t what it seemed with a couple of the characters. That and Colby McKay is a total Alpha male with a practically insatiable sexual appetite. As the 4 amigo’s roll along everyone learns a little something about each other. Which as the story progresses makes things very interesting.

Sexually, pretty much anything goes in Long Hard Ride. At times Colby was a little bit TO Alpha for me but it seems that just when I wanted to write him off as an ass he did something to redeem himself to me. I will say this, it does get a little wild at times.

Overall, this isn’t my absolute favorite book in the series but it most definitely was a great start to a fascinating series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Long Hard Ride.

01/01/2012 page 7