Iris Blobel's Reviews > Ain't She Sweet

Ain't She Sweet by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Nov 20, 11

Read in November, 2011

Ain't She Sweet is one of those books where I was undecided on what rating to give this book. It was a great read, and nowadays I don't expect anything less from SEP, she's just one hell of a writer, but ... hmmm .... how to put it into words. The plot was good, funny, witty, great dialogue etc, but I had a hard time warming up to the characters.

Sugar Beth is coming back to Parrish after years away and three marriages later. She's not welcomed with open arms is an understatement, old feelings of feelings of betrayal and dislike creeps up in most of the town's residents.
I liked Sugar Beth - she's one hell of a character, backbone comes to mind, matured alright etc. Colin's is OK, but the most annoying person of all was Winnie - in her insecurity she came across selfish, petty and shallow.

I'd recommend Ain't She Sweet to all of those SEP lovers, but it's certainly not her best work. For those readers (really? There are some out there?) please have your first Phillips experience with a different book like "Dream a little Dream" or "Nobody's Baby but Mine".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ain't She Sweet.