Kieraanne's Reviews > The Gathering

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong

Dec 05, 11

bookshelves: fluff-fiction, magic-irl-urban-fantasy, tough-chick, romance-adventure, young-adult
Read from November 26 to December 04, 2011

I wasn't sure about this book when I read the description so I put off reading it for awhile. I finally did this past week and I shouldn't have been worried. I've really enjoyed every one of Kelley Armstrong's books set in her "Otherworld" and this was no exception. Once again having read the other books, both her YA series Darkest Powers and the Adult series Women of the Otherworld, I knew a little bit more about who the players were in this story and perhaps had a better idea of what purpose this town was serving, but you didn't have to know any of that to enjoy the book. As seems to be typical of Armstrong's trilogies, this one ended on a cliff hanger that made me glad that I had waited so long to read it if for no other reason then that the next one is that much closer to being released. I liked the relationship with Rafe though I found it hilarious that they "broke up" and were "dating" for what consisted of two days. Teens (insert eye roll).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gathering.