Chibineko's Reviews > Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2 by Naoko Takeuchi

I'll admit that this is one of my favorite parts of the series for reasons I can't really divulge due to spoiler reasons. (There's got to be at least 4-5 people who haven't seen the anime or read the Wikipedia synopsis.) I'm going to review this in two parts: the artwork and the story.

First the artwork: It's gorgeous. This is a pivotal time in the series, so the artwork gets both dreamy and serious accordingly. The splash pages at the beginning of the manga really are fun to look at. A great addition at the end of the manga was the inclusion of several character designs for both Usagi (one being a slightly different haircut!) as well as uniform designs. The sailor fuku uniform wasn't the first choice- there were several different ideas, ranging from skimpy armor to long sleeved sailor suits. I have to say, they made the right choice in the long run.

Story-wise, this was awesome. I loved it. There's still an element of playfulness to this volume but overall the tone here is serious. The romance in this volume is also excellent and I couldn't help but love the finding of the silver crystal. (My favorite part in this arc.)

Overall you can tell that this volume was very lovingly put together by Kodansha. It was clearly designed with the Sailor Moon fanbase in mind, which I whole heartedly appreciate. The translations are also a little easier to read this time around, something that tripped me up in the first volume. This is absolutely a must buy for manga collectors.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2.