Sarah's Reviews > Love in a Time of Homeschooling: A Mother and Daughter's Uncommon Year

Love in a Time of Homeschooling by Laura Brodie

Nov 24, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction, teaching-related

An excellent read about one woman's year of homeschooling her fifth-grade daughter. Well-written, brutally honest and thoroughly absorbing. As a fifth-grade teacher myself I read this with particular care and interest. I was impressed with the tenacity and creativity Brodie employed and I wholeheartedly endorse the homeschooling concept. I believe there is no "one size fits all" approach to education. For certain students, Bodie's daughter Julia included, such an approach is highly warranted. I would recommended this to any parent or teacher whether or not homeschooling is in their radar.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in a Time of Homeschooling.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lynne oh, I am curious what you will think.

Lynne Laura just started it.

Sarah I am about 100 pages in and I really like it.

Lynne Laura finished it last night. I am still waiting to get it from the library.

Sarah They had one copy at the Edmonds library (which I'll be returning) and two at the Lynnwood branch.

Lynne I just finished it. It's a quick read. I was most impressed by her honesty. So many homeschooling books are a little unbelievably sweet.

Sarah Me too. She was very real. I'd like to read some of her other works.