Romancing the Book's Reviews > A Lady's Charade

A Lady's Charade by Eliza Knight

Nov 19, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: historical, romance

Review by Sarah L: After reading the initial blurb of the book I must say I was intrigued with the story line and looked forward to diving in. Unfortunately after the initial attack on the keep I struggled to stay focused . However, once Alexander saves Chloe about 100 pages in, things finally picked up and I started to feel more of a connection with the characters. The remaining two-thirds of the story held some unexpected twists and turns which were a complete shock. Kudos to Ms. Knight because I never saw them coming.

The Rebecca angle however was a bit discouraging. I kept waiting for her to make good on her "promise" but apparently she was all talk and no action because we never heard from her again. I realize we hear third person that she hooked up with Maude but I expected Rebecca to try something herself at the very least. We don't even find out if she remains at the keep.

Overall, once I got beyond the initial 100 pages or so I found myself interested in the story and looked forward to finding out what happened between Alexander and Chloe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lady's Charade.