Rose Ann's Reviews > Letters In Cardboard Boxes

Jan 04, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: ebooks, giveaways-contests
Read from December 27, 2011 to January 04, 2012

Sometimes it was okay, some times I liked it, and sometimes I really liked it alot. It just was not consistently interesting enough for me to finish.
Some things drove me crazy, and other things I enjoyed.
So many descriptive sentences that just didnt make sense to me.
Unfortunately, I just kept losing interest, and did not finish. I made it to page 170 +/- (at that point I was skimming).
Maybe I will go back at another time to finish. I was waiting for something to keep me hooked in to keep reading, but it just wasn't happening.
I know that so many other people really enjoyed this, so I hope my opinion won't deter someone else from reading it. Maybe the fact that it was an ebook was hard for me also. I am just not a big fan of reading a book electronically. Maybe my opinion would be different if I was holding the book in my hand? I don't know.

Spoilers of sorts below.........

I did not see the relevence of Parker's parents, and was irritated when they showed up at the house, after her Grandmother went to the facility. I just felt no attachment to the characters, except maybe between Parker and her Grandmother. I dont feel like her parents even need to make an appearance at all in the novel.
The other characters seemed to flow in and out, but never held a strong spot.
I also don't understand how Jerry was unknown to Parker all these years? How would she not have met him before? Even Tanya did.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Letters In Cardboard Boxes.

12/27/2011 page 19