Anna's Reviews > Sacrifice

Aug 11, 14

bookshelves: read-in-2012, psychological-thriller, 4-and-a-half-stars
Read from January 04 to 06, 2012

Rating: 4.5 stars

I loved this. It's so creepy and chilling, and packed full of gripping suspense.

Something sinister is happening to young women out on the remote Shetland Islands. Ancient island legends appear to be coming true in the most horrifying of ways, leading the reader into a tension filled page turner.

As Tora (our heroine) begins to uncover disturbing evidence and folklore, everyone falls under suspicion. Many theories are formed, and with one shocking twist after another, my head was soon spinning. I hated having to put it down, but at times I had to in order to digest and regroup.

This story is utterly compelling, and although it's only January 6th, I know I've already found one of my favourite new-to-me authors of the year!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacrifice.

Hannah So I assume the doorstop is finished now?

message 2: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol Kerry-green Ah, we're both reading a Bolton novel. I'm reading Now You See Me.

Hannah Carol wrote: "Ah, we're both reading a Bolton novel. I'm reading Now You See Me."

Oooh, hope you like it as much as I did. I think NYSM is Bolton's best.

Anna Hope you're enjoying Now You See Me Carol; I'm LOVING Sacrifice. I'm half way through, and am creeped out, suspecting everyone and totally enthralled!

Hannah Anna wrote: "Hope you're enjoying Now You See Me Carol; I'm LOVING Sacrifice. I'm half way through, and am creeped out, suspecting everyone and totally enthralled!"

Bolton will do that to you :D

message 6: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol Kerry-green Sounds great Anna, will definitely lookout for that one. NYSM was excellent, right page turner to the end.

Anna Great to see your review and star rating for Now You See Me Carol, can't wait to read it. It's too pricey right now though, so my next SJB will be Blood Harvest.

message 8: by Jemidar (new) - added it

Jemidar I can see I'm going to have to get aboard this Bolten train very soon!

message 9: by Hannah (last edited Jan 06, 2012 10:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hannah Whew! Thank goodness Bolton satisfied.

She's good, isn't she - I was suspecting everyone before the story's end.

Hannah Jemidar wrote: "I can see I'm going to have to get aboard this Bolten train very soon!"

If you enjoy atmospheric page turners, she's a good one.

message 11: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Hannah, me too, no-one was safe from my suspicions, (view spoiler)

J, yep, climb aboard, she's chillingly good!

Hannah Anna wrote: "Hannah, me too, no-one was safe from my suspicions, [spoilers removed]"

haha - me too!